The Letting industry has very quickly boomed in the last decade or so. More people are choosing to take advantage of cheaper housing prices in order to invest in buy-to-let property. For many people, renting has also become a much better option than buying property.
However, while there are many benefits to both landlords and tenants, there are also many instances that can take both parties by surprise and ultimately lead to disputes.
Examples of how Landlord & Tenant disputes arise
- Non payment of Rent
- Landlords failure to fulfil legal obligations such as adequate heating and water
- Landlords failure to adhere to repairs
- Dispute over deposit refunds
- Complaints of Anti-social behaviour
- Disputes over sub-letting or acquaintances sharing accomodation
- Refusal to vacate the property
We can offer a number of practical legal services for both Landlords and Tenants who find themselves in difficulty when it comes to settling a dispute. We are also aware that many people wish to settle their disputes in a manner which does not damage that important relationship between a Landlord and Tenant.
Our solicitors will aim to avoid court proceedings and will seek to settle your dispute as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
Sometimes Litigation will be the only alternative and we have the expertise to represent you at all stages of the litigation process.
We will offer clear legal advice and practical solutions on matters including
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured Shortholds and Tenancies
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Landlords’ consents
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews/rent arrears